Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am updating my iMAC from OS Mojave to OS Catalina

When in the process of installing OS Catalina a screen comes up saying that (verbatim):

____

The following recently used apps are not optimized for your Mac and will require an update to work after installing macOS 10.15

If an update is not available, the app will no longer open. Contact the developer for more information.

iPhoto

Microsoft Office 2011 (and earlier)

____

I managed to download the new Microsoft Office so for that one I am covered.

However, I have all my photos in "iPhoto" (not the app on the iMAC called "Photos") and I wanted to have your confirmation that if I do proceed and install OS Catalina the "iPhoto" app will be automatically updated and I will be able to continue using "iPhoto" after installing OS Catalina.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

Marco B.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 3:06 PM

6 replies

Sep 28, 2020 3:36 PM in response to marchitiello83

In addition, only 64 bit applications will run in Catalina. Both of the apps noted above are 32 bit apps. As mentioned iPhoto was replaced years ago by the Photos app so you should drag migrate from iPhoto library and use Photos.

As for Office for Mac 2011, that is 32 bit and must be replaced by either Office for Mac 2019 or subscribe to Office 365.

I am updating my iMAC from OS Mojave to OS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.