Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

redownload printer software everytime i need to use.... canon ts6320

Every time I turn my printer on to use it I need to re download the printer software in order for it to be found on my computer, when in system preferences the printer reads as on and in use, but in queue it will say looking for printer until the software is re downloaded.

I'm not deleting the software, just simply turning the printer off after use.

this is terribly frustrating as I print things often!!!!

this was never an issue until I moved the location of the printer (from one house to another house)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 6:38 PM

That printer supports AirPrint, which means it should not need any drivers for basic operations. Try connecting via AirPrint.

Print wirelessly from your Mac to an AirPrint printer - Apple Support

It’s possible there’s a difference or issue somewhere within your new network, or something else causing the printing system to try downloading driver software. What that might be?

Check with the folks at Canon support?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2020 6:38 PM in response to amariem143

That printer supports AirPrint, which means it should not need any drivers for basic operations. Try connecting via AirPrint.

Print wirelessly from your Mac to an AirPrint printer - Apple Support

It’s possible there’s a difference or issue somewhere within your new network, or something else causing the printing system to try downloading driver software. What that might be?

Check with the folks at Canon support?

redownload printer software everytime i need to use.... canon ts6320

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.