Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music on MacBook Air

I am trying to download all of my previously purchased songs on my laptop and I have the apple music student subscription and I keep getting a message saying my computer is not authorized. I have had the same appleID for years. My phone, watch and computer are all linked together so I'm not sure why my computer isn't authorized and I can't figure out how to fix it.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 4:11 PM

Hey allieef00,

We understand you're having issues redownloading your previously purchased songs and also unable to authorize your computer for use with your iTunes Store purchases. We'll be happy to assist you!

For help with redownloading your purchased content, please review:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

If you're then asked to authorize your computer for use with your iTunes Store purchases, you'll find help here:

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases

Lastly, if some of your purchases are associated with another Apple ID, that could be where you're running into some trouble when attempting to authorize. It may be looking for a different Apple ID and password than is currently being provided. We hope this information helps out!

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 4:11 PM in response to allieef00

Hey allieef00,

We understand you're having issues redownloading your previously purchased songs and also unable to authorize your computer for use with your iTunes Store purchases. We'll be happy to assist you!

For help with redownloading your purchased content, please review:

Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books

If you're then asked to authorize your computer for use with your iTunes Store purchases, you'll find help here:

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases

Lastly, if some of your purchases are associated with another Apple ID, that could be where you're running into some trouble when attempting to authorize. It may be looking for a different Apple ID and password than is currently being provided. We hope this information helps out!

Take care.

Apple Music on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.