Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email photo as attachment, not "embedded"

I know this topic has been hit up before and in the past when I had this issue, what I found on here worked. The problem was when i would email a photo, it would send the photo embedded into the body of the email because I had an email signature that was HTML. I removed that, and then the photos would come though as JPG attachments. Problem solved. Now, I have upgraded to iOS 14 and it is back to sending them embedded. I have removed my signature complete and they still come though, not as attachment. This is very important as these are photos for my companies website and the photo size has to be scaled back in size. When I choose a photo from my library and choose share, i then choose mail. Then I just hit send as I BCC myself is turned on so I don't have to type in my email address each time. All I do is hit send, then it will ask me to scale down so I choose medium. That is what I need to happen again.

I typically use the Outlook app for my email but it doesn't ask to scale down the photo size before sending. If I do use the Outlook app to send a photo, it will come though as an attachment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

LarryJ2112

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 6:33 AM

You can TEXT it to your email address and it will arrive as an attachment instead of embedded.

Similar questions

1 reply

Email photo as attachment, not "embedded"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.