Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HUE app can’t find HUE bridge after installation of IOS 14 on iPAD

I am using the HUE app and PhIlips HUE lights for quite a while with both my iPhone and iPad.

Last night I updated my iPad to iOS 14 and since today the HUE app can’t find the connection with the HUE bridge anymore! However, I still have a connection with the HUE bridge on my iPhone, so I really wonder if this IOS14-update ruined the connection with Phillips HUE....

Anyone with the same problems?

Thanks.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2020 4:35 AM

Mine still works after the updates. I’d recheck that you’re allowing the app to find the devices. I’m not talking about your WiFi, I’m talking about the app specific permissions and limitations Apple added with iOS 14.

• Go to iPhone Settings
  • Scroll down and select the Hue app
  • Ensure the Local Network option is on.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2020 4:35 AM in response to TBJ324

Mine still works after the updates. I’d recheck that you’re allowing the app to find the devices. I’m not talking about your WiFi, I’m talking about the app specific permissions and limitations Apple added with iOS 14.

• Go to iPhone Settings
  • Scroll down and select the Hue app
  • Ensure the Local Network option is on.

Oct 27, 2020 6:33 PM in response to Arcrin01

New Hue Bridge can't be recognized after latest iOS 14 update. I've tried everything. power cycle, deleting app (and all my scenes) resetting brand new bridge. I even went out and bought a new bridge - nothing. It just isn't compatible with the new operating system. I wonder if it's because they want you yo use the home pod - which would still require the hue bridge. Any - advice other than the, make sure your "wifi is on" would be much appreciated

HUE app can’t find HUE bridge after installation of IOS 14 on iPAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.