Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicious phone call

I received a phone call saying I have suspicious activity on my account and to contact apple

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 1:55 PM

As stated above, scam.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Calling telephone numbers and sending email addresses can both be spoofed / faked / forged, too.

5 replies

Sep 29, 2020 6:50 PM in response to mckaleigh

mckaleigh wrote:

So what if I selected one of the number and it brought me to someone. Do you think they hacked my information?

I suspect you have increased the likelihood you’ll get more scam calls.

Your willingness to interact likely makes your telephone number worth more when reselling your info to other scammers, too.

People are easier to hack than computers, and these scam calls and scam emails all target people. Us. Not our equipment.

Delete. Hang up. Verify. Etc.

If you have not already, click on the following article, and read through what Apple has published: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Suspicious phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.