Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

shortcut prompt not announcing on HomePod

I have a shortcut setup to prompt for a choice however when using the HomePod it does not verbally prompt for you to choose an answer. It waits for an answer but never prompts and replies sorry I couldn't hear you. If you answer as if the HomePod announced the prompt it will complete the shortcut. The shortcut prompt works fine on the iwatch, iphone and iPad. HomePod has the latest update. Please help.

Posted on Sep 29, 2020 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2020 7:11 AM

Update to this post, I just received the iPhone 12 and update all the devices once again. The HomePod now announces any prompting in a shortcut. I suppose the problem was with the previous iPhone XR since the issue was resolved after the upgrade.

7 replies

Oct 6, 2020 12:08 PM in response to khynzelman

Hello again khynzelman,

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Let's see if we can isolate this trouble you're having. We'd like to have you create a new shortcut for the prompt you were using previously. Follow the steps here to do so if needed:

Run shortcuts with Siri, the Shortcuts app, or Siri suggestions

If this issue persists with the new shortcut, you will need to get in touch with Apple Support for further assistance:

Get Support

We hope this helps you.

Take care and be safe.

Oct 13, 2020 12:12 PM in response to chris_g1

I am having the very same problem. The shortcut was working properly until recently. All aspects of the shortcut I have created are working properly except the verbal prompt for a choice from the HomePod. There is no verbal prompt for a choice but HomePod does actually wait for a response. If I provide a response with one of the choices, without the verbal prompt while the HomePod appears to be waiting, it does execute based on what I say. So the HomePod is executing the shortcut, it is just no longer reading the verbal prompts.

Oct 13, 2020 12:12 PM in response to chris_g1

I am having the very same problem. The shortcut was working properly until recently. All aspects of the shortcut I have created are working properly except the verbal prompt for a choice from the HomePod. There is no verbal prompt for a choice but HomePod does actually wait for a response. If I provide a response with one of the choices, without the verbal prompt while the HomePod appears to be waiting, it does execute based on what I say. So the HomePod is executing the shortcut, it is just no longer reading the verbal prompts.

shortcut prompt not announcing on HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.