Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS 10.15.7 & OTOY Octane X (Malware)

Hi, I have recently installed an update to OTOY Octane X (PR2), after installing 10.15.7.

Under previous versions of Octane X and previous OS, when opening C4D you get a warning saying 'c4doctane-r23.xlib' cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. Options are Move to Bin or Cancel. If you press Cancel, usually you would open System Prefs > Security & Privacy and select Open Anyway and there would be no issue. However now with 10.15.7 you don't get that option.

This is OTOY who Apple have been working very closely with in order to create Octane X - so why is the developer not verified, and why can't I 'Open Anyway'.

I have disabled the System Integrity Protection and everything opens ok. This has not been re-enabled now and still wont open. At present I have a piece of software that Apple has helped develop, yet is blocking it through their own systems.1

I have posted this also on OTOY forum but as yet not had a response.

Mac Pro

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 12:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 8:53 AM

Sorted!

Similar questions

3 replies

Mac OS 10.15.7 & OTOY Octane X (Malware)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.