Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air white screen with vertical and horizontal lines on entire screen will not go to login screen help please

When I opened my Mac today all I get is a white screen with blue and pink lines that get darker then turns off what is wrong?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 5:59 PM

You may want to try some basic troubleshooting techniques and see whether that resolves things.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 5:59 PM in response to Toucan7

You may want to try some basic troubleshooting techniques and see whether that resolves things.

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM. If that does not solve things then-
  3. Enter ➔ Safe Mode and see if the screen issue still exists in Safe mode. Log out of Safe Mode and then reboot computer. If that does not solve things then-
  4. Finally if none of the above works then please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

MacBook Air white screen with vertical and horizontal lines on entire screen will not go to login screen help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.