Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Acountsd takes 400-600 CPU - fan is speeding up

Since upgrading to Catalina 10.15.7 I constantly have trouble with CPU loads between 400-600 pct. and a fan that runs pretty fast and loud on both my Macs - MacBook Pro 2014 and iMac 2015. I tried logging out of Apple ID - booted - logging in again and it stoped but keeps coming back. I see in Activity monitor that it is in the thread from acountsd and my computers gets slow and spotlight searches is out not working.

What to do?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 1:15 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 1, 2020 4:13 AM in response to Jarslamares

But the problem is NOT addressed in the description of the combo-update and there for it is a bit weird to install the Combo Update.

Apple's operating systems are proprietary and they do not discuss the contents of or reasons for updates in specific detail.

Please refer to What's new in the updates for macOS Catalina. "macOS Catalina 10.15.7 provides important security updates and bug fixes for your Mac" is typical of such a description.

To learn how to keep your Mac updated, please read How to update the software on your Mac.

BTW - wat is "a combo update"?

Apple's terminology for an incremental macOS update that incorporates all previous ones.

Acountsd takes 400-600 CPU - fan is speeding up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.