Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2012 iPad does not go to recovery mode

I have an iPad I bought in 2012 and have not used it for quite some time as I have a newer one. However, I have forgotten the passcode and have followed all the instructions I could find and have not been able to remove the passcode. Please help!

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 4:55 PM

Hi sueny,

We see you're having some trouble with needing to restore your iPad, and we'll be happy to help work with this on you.

To start, let's follow the instructions outlined in this article: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Specifically: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen. You may want to ensure that it is plugged into your computer with updated macOS/Windows and iTunes open on it.

Let us know if you continue to run into issues!

Warmest regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 4:55 PM in response to sueny

Hi sueny,

We see you're having some trouble with needing to restore your iPad, and we'll be happy to help work with this on you.

To start, let's follow the instructions outlined in this article: If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Specifically: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen. You may want to ensure that it is plugged into your computer with updated macOS/Windows and iTunes open on it.

Let us know if you continue to run into issues!

Warmest regards.

2012 iPad does not go to recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.