Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't connect to my wife's iMac on the network anymore

My computer is on Catalina and hers is on Mojave, which has been the case for some time, but all of a sudden, I can't see her iMac on the network anymore and she can't see my iMac. Has Catalina suddenly become incompatible with sharing with Mojave on the network? Her iMac shows up on my Server Locations in Finder, as if it is seeing it, but it just won't connect. What's going on?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 6:49 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 30, 2020 10:39 PM in response to Barney-15E

Hey there! Agree with Barney-15E! I was stuck working on a clients devices. Wouldn’t connect over file sharing, same scenario.

Although it sounds pretty basic, (I instinctively over think things sometimes to a fault), after getting stuck, as said before was sharing over SMB, Troubleshooted the network, firewall, permissions, etc.

Finally I just disabled file sharing on both, restarted both, re enabled file sharing on both again, and it worked just fine! Hope that’s the same solution for you!

I can't connect to my wife's iMac on the network anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.