Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ESIM - See which number is receiving a call?

I am considering getting an ESIM-capable iPhone so that I can have both a personal and business line on the same device. I've looked through Apple's documentation on setting up ESIM-capable devices but it doesn't seem to answer the most important question I have:

When an incoming call is displayed, is it possible to see which number they have called to?

I know I can see this information after the call has ended by reviewing my call history, but it would be very nice to see this displayed upfront so I know to answer it as 'me' or as my business.

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 8:36 AM

Once you setup and activate an eSIM along with the physical SIM then you will have labels to assign to each line. In this example, it will be Primary and Secondary. When there is an incoming call then you will NOT have a unique ringtone for each line. What you will have is the incoming phone number / contact displayed along with either a P or a S. You will then have to quickly identify which line is the call coming in.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 8:36 AM in response to Kieru

Once you setup and activate an eSIM along with the physical SIM then you will have labels to assign to each line. In this example, it will be Primary and Secondary. When there is an incoming call then you will NOT have a unique ringtone for each line. What you will have is the incoming phone number / contact displayed along with either a P or a S. You will then have to quickly identify which line is the call coming in.

Axel F.

ESIM - See which number is receiving a call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.