Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't i send imessage with my phone number

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 9:24 AM

Criteria: For activating iMessage, you need one-time SMS messaging service (If you have one, skip this) to be activated on your phone number. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this (for iMessage activation only) SMS.

If you have dual SIM then each time you switch plan between one number with another for iMessages this activation will be charged by your carrie. See the section :- Send Message with iMessage and SMS/MMS it is clearly said; additional charges may apple.

Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) The agency who issued the SIM to you to know whether you have SMS plan enabled at least for One SMS

See the pic below

4 Step Process --> Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime (The order / sequence is very important)

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on. (Watch the GIF below)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2020 9:24 AM in response to dawnofmusic

Criteria: For activating iMessage, you need one-time SMS messaging service (If you have one, skip this) to be activated on your phone number. Depending on your carrier, you might be charged for this (for iMessage activation only) SMS.

If you have dual SIM then each time you switch plan between one number with another for iMessages this activation will be charged by your carrie. See the section :- Send Message with iMessage and SMS/MMS it is clearly said; additional charges may apple.

Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) The agency who issued the SIM to you to know whether you have SMS plan enabled at least for One SMS

See the pic below

4 Step Process --> Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime (The order / sequence is very important)

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on. (Watch the GIF below)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.