Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i drag an object in presentation mode?

I see this question was answered "no" over ten years ago. I'm hoping the program has been updated to include this ability since then.

Like many others I’m teaching from home over Zoom. I’d like to have the students control the Keynote screen (in presentation mode) and move around objects (shapes) to create rhythmic patterns that everyone can then read.

How can I get this to work? Thanks.

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 12:55 PM

If you mean; move objects on screen when Keynote is in Play, then this is not possible or desirable in slide presentation software.

If you mean mean, move objects on screen when in slide layout (edit mode) then yes, just click and drag.

3 replies

Oct 1, 2020 2:22 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Yes, I meant the first. It would be very useful in the application I have. It could be an option turned off by default. I could see how kiosk presentations, too, could be made more interactive by having the user click and drag items. The locations could reset on loop. And only certain elements would be unlocked. If you've seen Smartboard or Mimio software, that's what I'm trying to simulate, but with the resources we have at home, which is where we are. Still. :-( Thanks for confirming.

Can i drag an object in presentation mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.