Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File info & thumbnail display in finder window

Hello people,

My finder windows are displaying on the right side an entire section dedicated for the file thumnail and some basic info. I don't know how this section is called.

Unfortunately, even when no file is selected, the full section is still there and empty. A big waste of space on my screen.

Is there a way I make this full section closed by default in my finder and automatically open when I'm browsing through JPG and TIFF files ?

Thanks,

Alexandre

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 1:48 AM

That is called the Preview panel.

Click on View in the menubar and click on Hide Preview.

3 replies

Oct 2, 2020 2:02 AM in response to napo23

napo23 wrote:

Hello people,

My finder windows are displaying on the right side an entire section dedicated for the file thumnail and some basic info. I don't know how this section is called.
Unfortunately, even when no file is selected, the full section is still there and empty. A big waste of space on my screen.
Is there a way I make this full section closed by default in my finder and automatically open when I'm browsing through JPG and TIFF files ?

Thanks,
Alexandre

You can make it close by default but it wouldn't open automatically. Either you can "Show Preview" or "Hide Preview".

File info & thumbnail display in finder window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.