Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Calendar appointment, how add file or picture

Please help: I want to add additional info to the appointment - either picture or pdf file. Some other answers state to Edit, then tap Add attachment. On my iPad Pro native calendar, I do not see Add attachment when I Create or Edit appointment. What am I missing? I did see work around suggestion to insert iCloud link to picture - but that will only work for near future as the link expires 1 month later and my appointment is for next year.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 4:10 PM

Hello Ipad-meerkat,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're not seeing the option to select, "Add attachment" in the Calendar app of your iPad Pro. We'll be happy to help.

To confirm, are you using iCloud or a third party email service provider for your calendar? The option to select, "Add attachment" is available for iCloud accounts, when you edit an appointment. Details are available in the section of this article that says, "Add an attachment": Create and edit events in Calendar on iPad

The option to select, "Add attachment" may not be available for third party email service providers for your calendar.

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2020 4:10 PM in response to Ipad-meerkat

Hello Ipad-meerkat,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand you're not seeing the option to select, "Add attachment" in the Calendar app of your iPad Pro. We'll be happy to help.

To confirm, are you using iCloud or a third party email service provider for your calendar? The option to select, "Add attachment" is available for iCloud accounts, when you edit an appointment. Details are available in the section of this article that says, "Add an attachment": Create and edit events in Calendar on iPad

The option to select, "Add attachment" may not be available for third party email service providers for your calendar.

Best regards.

Oct 8, 2020 5:56 AM in response to MoonJ.

Thank you very much for your clarification MoonJ. Your explanation helped me understand: As I was using the native Apple Calendar app and not a third party Calendar app, I assumed the "Add attachment" should be available for any appointment visible in that calendar app. After your clarification I now saw that it is available for appointments created with iCloud calendar selected, but not for appointments with Gmail calendar selected. Thus I will in future just have to create the appointments with attachments in the iCloud calendar. Regards.

Ipad Calendar appointment, how add file or picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.