Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store not connecting

why doesn’t my App Store work ? It keeps saying cannot connect & every time I press retry it doesn’t change.

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 11:22 AM

To be able to connect to the App Store you must have a valid wifi or mobile data connection, if you're unable to connect this will likely be your problem

If not - do check out the link below for more troubleshooting

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store or other Apple services – Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 11:22 AM in response to Naazahm

To be able to connect to the App Store you must have a valid wifi or mobile data connection, if you're unable to connect this will likely be your problem

If not - do check out the link below for more troubleshooting

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store or other Apple services – Apple Support

Oct 5, 2020 7:55 PM in response to mgross1212

mgross1212 Said:

"Useless. I’d like to buy something. You would think they would fix this problem."

-------

Try the Following:

• Create a New Administrator User:

See if you can perform this log in, using a new Administrator user. If it then works, then it is something misconfigured in your current user.

If that does not work...

• Try Booting into Safe Mode:

Hold Down: the shift key upon boot. While in Safe Mode, cashes are set aside, and login items do not run when logged in. So, see if you can log in using Safe Mode.

If that does not work...

What it could be is settings. Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Connections) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. You may need to perform this thrice. So, be certain you have the time to perform this.

App Store not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.