Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot On iPhone

How do I properly use a hotspot on my phone like for at least 3hours, with at least 2 devices the 2 devices... my iPad 6th gen and MacBook Pro 2020 13"?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 11:27 AM

Note that the Hotspot feature is provided and controlled by your carrier. You can confirm with your carrier whether that feature is activated on your iPhone. You probably already know the answer to that however if you do not then call your carrier.

Once the above has been established then you can Set the Hotspot to ON on your iPhone with WiFi set to ON as well. After that you will see a WiFi Network with your iPhone's name and you may then connect your other devices to it.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 11:27 AM in response to TeleHerbie

Note that the Hotspot feature is provided and controlled by your carrier. You can confirm with your carrier whether that feature is activated on your iPhone. You probably already know the answer to that however if you do not then call your carrier.

Once the above has been established then you can Set the Hotspot to ON on your iPhone with WiFi set to ON as well. After that you will see a WiFi Network with your iPhone's name and you may then connect your other devices to it.

Axel F.

Hotspot On iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.