Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from display connected with HDMI

I just bought a monitor (LG 29WL500) for my MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) until I can fix its broken screen!

The video works fine but I have no sound from the monitor's built-in speakers. I used the HDMI cable that came with the monitor.

I've already tried changing the sound output in System Preferences > Sound > Output but still no sound. Also, on the settings instead of the balance controls it says "The selected device has no output controls".

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 1:39 AM

Can you double check and ensure that the LG Monitor has built in internal speakers? I believe this monitor has volume control but only for a headphone jack output. In other words you can connect a headphone or external speakers, through that jack, and control the volume from the monitor. If you have nothing connected then there would be no sound coming out of the monitor. Please double check. Thanks.

Axel F.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2020 1:39 AM in response to AlexanderVergis

Can you double check and ensure that the LG Monitor has built in internal speakers? I believe this monitor has volume control but only for a headphone jack output. In other words you can connect a headphone or external speakers, through that jack, and control the volume from the monitor. If you have nothing connected then there would be no sound coming out of the monitor. Please double check. Thanks.

Axel F.

No sound from display connected with HDMI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.