Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no sound on macbook pro

All of a sudden I have no sound on my MacBook Pro. I made sure the Sound setting was set to Internal (built-on) speakers. Volume is up. It is not muted.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 6:47 PM

Thanks to John Galt for his response! As I said, though, I had already checked my settings. His response did say that, if doing that didn’t restore the sound, I should contact Apple Support. That is what I did (I called them, and within 10 minutes they had things working.)

They had me turn off my computer, Then I was told to press CTRL-OPTION-SHIFT and hold for 7 seconds. Then, while still holding those 3 keys, I was to press the START button and hold all 4 keys for 7 seconds. At that point, I was told to turn the computer back on. And it worked. The sound was back!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2020 6:47 PM in response to SallyR333

Thanks to John Galt for his response! As I said, though, I had already checked my settings. His response did say that, if doing that didn’t restore the sound, I should contact Apple Support. That is what I did (I called them, and within 10 minutes they had things working.)

They had me turn off my computer, Then I was told to press CTRL-OPTION-SHIFT and hold for 7 seconds. Then, while still holding those 3 keys, I was to press the START button and hold all 4 keys for 7 seconds. At that point, I was told to turn the computer back on. And it worked. The sound was back!

no sound on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.