Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch touch screen is unresponsive

After the most recent software update (watch os 7.1) my series 4 watch stopped responding to touch. I tried a hard reset and a full reset and restore. All to no avail. Apple support said it’s a hardware issues via chat, but that seams highly unlikely due to the watch working before bed just fine and then not working upon waking the next day to new software.

[Edited by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 7

Posted on Oct 2, 2020 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 10:56 AM

since Apple tech support told me it was a hardware issue (wrong) Iwent out and bought a new series 6 It would not allow me to load my backup onto it. not sure why. so I unpaired my old watch from my phone, and did a full reset (3rd time) and this time when it started up the touch screen worked. I loaded my backup onto it and it's working fine. I returned to new watch to target (great return policy btw)

So, FYI apple techs... this was not a hardware issue!

just keep reseting and unpairing until it becomes responsive. took me 4 tries)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 10:56 AM in response to jpdnjs

since Apple tech support told me it was a hardware issue (wrong) Iwent out and bought a new series 6 It would not allow me to load my backup onto it. not sure why. so I unpaired my old watch from my phone, and did a full reset (3rd time) and this time when it started up the touch screen worked. I loaded my backup onto it and it's working fine. I returned to new watch to target (great return policy btw)

So, FYI apple techs... this was not a hardware issue!

just keep reseting and unpairing until it becomes responsive. took me 4 tries)

Apple Watch touch screen is unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.