Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen mirroring on iphone 8 not working after IOS14.01 uodate

screen mirroring on iphone 8 not working after IOS14.01 update when I try to connect to my Vizio smart tv

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 1:58 AM

8 replies

Oct 3, 2020 1:59 AM in response to rubymancini

Are you using any app for screen mirroring?

Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
  2. Open Control Center: ... 
  3. Tap Screen Mirroring.
  4. Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the list.

More items...

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device's screen ...

Oct 18, 2020 2:33 AM in response to Kent0826

Thank you Kent0826. As far as I could tell the software in the Vizio TV was as up to date as it could be. There is a menu item on the TV where one can check for software updates and I did. But I found a mention somewhere that maybe resetting the TV to its original factory settings might help and that is what I did, and you know what? that did the trick! Screen mirroring to my phone magically reappeared after I reset the the Vizio TV. (I am wondering if the resetting to original factory settings somehow triggers a more up to date software update?). Anyway, I don't understand how this worked, but it did! Thanks again.

Oct 3, 2020 12:34 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for getting back to me. No, I am not using any app. I am using the screen mirroring function, located in the control center on my iphone 8. This used to work, just fine, but all of a sudden, our smart TV does not appear. I have tried various fixes- turning off/on internet connection, off/on TV, making sure the TV is Airplay enabled, etc. I don’t think that it is the TV. I am suspecting the IOS upgrade to 14.01? Thanks for any help with the matter...

screen mirroring on iphone 8 not working after IOS14.01 uodate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.