Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pro Apps Bundle for Education

Hi, I would like to buy the Pro Apps Bundle for Education for my son who is in primary school - he wants to start training be a film maker :-). Because he hasn't his own mac but just an older PC with Windows and I want to motivate him as best I can.

Is it a problem when we install this software and use the discounted license under my account and on my own Mac Booc Pro what belongs to my company, where I'm working? I think, in the next years he will get so or so my Mac and I will get a new one.

Are here any restrictions or obligations by what to prove?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 3:47 AM

There is nothing on the page that seems to require an ID.

Ian makes an excellent point. Get him started with iMovie and GarageBand. It’s easy enough to move up to the pro apps from there. Even the projects can be transferred up to the pro apps.

Similar questions

13 replies

Oct 5, 2020 5:02 AM in response to Flaska

There is something else that we have all forgotten to mention.

There is a free trial of Final Cut Pro for 90 days.

There is no catch.

You get it for 90 days and then it stops working.

If you want to carry on using it you have to buy it but you will not be charged anything if you don't want it.

https://www.apple.com/uk/final-cut-pro/trial/

The quickest way to learn the basics of it is to download the free course of video tutorials from Izzy Video.

https://www.izzyvideo.com/final-cut-pro-tutorial/

Oct 4, 2020 12:35 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank you Tom! I did not realize that. This is logical.

Will my son need anything to confirm that he is a student? He is going to primary school (small village school) in the Czech Republic and they do not have any ID cards or anything like this (especialy not in english). Have I ask the school for a paper certificate or something? I did not find any information to this. It could be hard to get something in english from them... The english teacher could maybe help on their site :-).

Oct 4, 2020 2:12 AM in response to Flaska

Though nothing to do with your question, there is something else you might like to consider.

The Pro Apps bundle is quite expensive and your son is very young.

There is no guarantee that he will persevere with editing.

If you haven't done it already, why not let him start with the free iMovie app that comes with all Macs to see whether he has an aptitude for editing.

You can always invest in the Pro Apps at a later date if he requires more than iMovie can provide.

Oct 4, 2020 11:02 PM in response to Ian R. Brown

Thank you Ian, we already played with iMovie for longer time. Have to say, he's learning very quick and his target now is special effects :-) and I want to keep him motivated and help him for sure with all the stuff. Learning with him makes us happy. We have also a small music studio at home where we often play with garage band and it's really fun. I have also two smaller boys and I think all the know how I will use more times ...hopefully ..if they will like it too.

But thank you once more. I will one more think about it what will be the best next steps, read some articles and watch tutorials and decide after. Just wanted to know, if we can reach this discount or not. Because the full price is realy a lot.

Oct 4, 2020 11:31 PM in response to Flaska

What kind of special effects?

iMovie can do quite a lot of "effects".

Below is a list that I made for someone else last year.

If you need to do other effects you can search on YouTube, as a lot of ingenious iMovie users have found ways of doing almost anything.

As well as numerous titles, backgrounds, transitions and video effects you can do the following:-

Cutaways

Blue/Green Screen

Split Screen

Picture in Picture

Adjust Opacity

Balance Colour

Colour Correction Tools

Crop to Fit , Fill and Ken Burns

Stabilise and Fix Rolling Shutter

Adjust Volume of clips

Detach Audio

Noise Reduction

Equalisation

Retiming. .  .  .  slo-mo, fast, freeze, reverse etc.

Can resize by using Ken Burns and having start and end the same.

iMovie uses many of FCP’s keyboard shortcuts

Is that enough to be going on with?

Oct 5, 2020 12:04 AM in response to Flaska

" Just wanted to know, if we can reach this discount or not."

In the UK, and probably elsewhere, you have to be 16 or over to qualify for student discount.

In the UK , Apple use the student discount scheme called UNiDAYS as a qualification for discount, and I believe this UNiDAYS scheme exists in other European countries, also USA,Canada , Australia e.t.c but I cannot see a link in the Czech Republic.

UNiDAYS is a scheme set up about 10 years ago for student discounts on clothing , restaurants etc .

Apple may well offer the student discount where you are, but your son may be too young to qualify.

Contact Apple Support to confirm.

Oct 5, 2020 2:06 AM in response to Flaska

YouTube has hundreds of tutorial videos for iMovie. Some are rubbish whilst others are very professional. This one is over an hour long and seems to cover most of the basics quite well but if you want to achieve a particular effect you must put in some search questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyNcc5EpXkM&feature=emb_logo

Many iMovie users enjoy the challenge of creating effects that at first sight would appear to be impossible to achieve with iMovie.

Pro Apps Bundle for Education

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.