📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE 2020 stuck in reboot loop.

I bought my iPhone SE 2020 about 2 months ago and it has been working fine until now.

I tried to restart it however, it got stuck on the apple logo and keeps rebooting itself. I tried doing a hard reset myself and that didn’t work. I also put it into recovery mode but it wouldn’t let me update or even restore it from iTunes on my laptop. The phone has now shut itself off.

What do I do to get it to work again?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 5:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 1:10 PM

I left the phone alone for a few days and I eventually tried restoring it again using iTunes on my pc. It took quite a few tries but I eventually got it to restore properly.

Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version on your laptop. Also, shut down your computer and then turn it back on before you try to restore it.

I contacted apple support as well and they told me to follow the instructions for iPhone 8 in this guide: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 15, 2020 1:10 PM in response to callegvd

I left the phone alone for a few days and I eventually tried restoring it again using iTunes on my pc. It took quite a few tries but I eventually got it to restore properly.

Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version on your laptop. Also, shut down your computer and then turn it back on before you try to restore it.

I contacted apple support as well and they told me to follow the instructions for iPhone 8 in this guide: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

iPhone SE 2020 stuck in reboot loop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.