Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CNN app not working on iPad2 with iOS 9

The current version of the CNN app does not work on my iPad2 with iOS 9. The App Store does not offer me an earlier version that would work. Did anyone experience this problem, and if so, is there a workaround?

iPad 2

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 12:16 AM

Unfortunately your iPad 2 cannot support iOS versions beyond 9.3.5 (wifi only) or 9.3.6 (wifi+cellular), because of hardware incompatibility (and CNN app now requires iOS 11 or later version).

No trick to overcome this obstacle, sorry.

Regards

Giulio

4 replies

Oct 4, 2020 12:53 AM in response to Desert Jack

Another question regarding the Find My iPhone app on the same iPad2, iOS v. 9.3.5. One of the past versions of this app (I don't know which one, or how to check it), is installed on this iPad and works fine. However, the App Store keeps prompting me to update the app to Find My iPhone v. 4.0. When I try to do that, the update fails and gives me the following error message: "Unable to Download App. "Find My iPhone" could not be installed at this time". The app description in App Store clearly states that it should work on iPad's with iOS 8 and above. Any ideas why this update is not working for me?

CNN app not working on iPad2 with iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.