Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a friend from the Find My app without disabling Location Services (iOS14)

I'm experiencing a problem on the Find My app. I want to manually remove a friend from the app but I can't do that without disabling Location Services or Find My iPhone on my phone.

When I go to Apple ID> Find My in the Settings app, my friends list is greyed out and the option to disable Share My Location is greyed out. I tried going to the app to find out how to remove a friend referring to older posts but there is no option in the People or Me tab to remove a person. All I know how to do is to disable certain features but I don't know how to remove someone from my friends list. We are following each other and I don't know if I should contact them and ask them to turn off location sharing or disable location services. She's not in my contacts either, and I just see her email in my friends list, and there is an option to create a contact for her. But if I remove that contact, the one on my friends list is still there. I use a iPhone 8 on iOS 14, family sharing is disabled. I remember being able to remove people from Find My so I have no idea if this was an update or not. Any help is appreciated.

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 12:13 PM

Open Find My. Find the person’s name toward the bottom. Swipe that from right to left. Use the resulting trash can.

1 reply

How do I remove a friend from the Find My app without disabling Location Services (iOS14)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.