Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting mac air to tv

I want to connect my 2013 mac air to a tv using hdmi. I cannot figure out what I need to accomplish this. The computer has a lightening port (not a 2 or 3 just the original one). Thanks

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 5:31 AM

Your MacBook Air does not have a Lightning port. It has what Apple calls a "Thunderbolt" port, but to avoid confusion look for a Mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter with audio support.

It may also be called a Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter, but in any event what you need will resemble this one:

Apple refers to the later USB-C ports as "Thunderbolt 3". That won't work on your Mac.

Identify the ports on your Mac - Apple Support

Thunderbolt, Lightning, Thunderbolt 2, 3... it's no wonder people get confused.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 5:31 AM in response to notverytechiemacuser

Your MacBook Air does not have a Lightning port. It has what Apple calls a "Thunderbolt" port, but to avoid confusion look for a Mini-DisplayPort to HDMI adapter with audio support.

It may also be called a Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter, but in any event what you need will resemble this one:

Apple refers to the later USB-C ports as "Thunderbolt 3". That won't work on your Mac.

Identify the ports on your Mac - Apple Support

Thunderbolt, Lightning, Thunderbolt 2, 3... it's no wonder people get confused.

Connecting mac air to tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.