Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM card installed in my iPhone 7 Plus Model A1784

So we bought my iPhone in a mall in our community. I might be doubting that this is a second hand rather than a brand new one. First, because there was no SIM card ejector included. Then when I was opening the SIM card slot, there was already an AT&T SIM card installed. Is my phone brand new or second hand?

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 7:16 PM

1) If the phone was one that was intended for use on a particular carrier, it would have an installed SIM. 2) It wouldn't have a SIM removal tool. 3) You can only buy unlocked phones directly from Apple.

However, none of that may be relevant to your situation as Apple stopped selling the iPhone 7 a year ago. So, even if the phone is "new", it has been sitting on a shelf for a year and I'd have concerns about the battery.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2020 7:16 PM in response to heinzfontanilla

1) If the phone was one that was intended for use on a particular carrier, it would have an installed SIM. 2) It wouldn't have a SIM removal tool. 3) You can only buy unlocked phones directly from Apple.

However, none of that may be relevant to your situation as Apple stopped selling the iPhone 7 a year ago. So, even if the phone is "new", it has been sitting on a shelf for a year and I'd have concerns about the battery.

SIM card installed in my iPhone 7 Plus Model A1784

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.