Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to change battery of my Macbook Pro

i want to change battary of my macbook pro

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 5:50 PM

Excerpted from About Mac notebook batteries:

Servicing the battery in your Mac notebook

MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro computers with built-in batteries should only have their batteries replaced by an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store. Attempting to replace a built-in battery yourself could damage your equipment, and such damage is not covered by warranty.

Consider aftermarket replacements if and only if your Mac is too old for Apple to service. In the US, OWC is a reputable vendor.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 5:50 PM in response to mukeshpatell

Excerpted from About Mac notebook batteries:

Servicing the battery in your Mac notebook

MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro computers with built-in batteries should only have their batteries replaced by an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store. Attempting to replace a built-in battery yourself could damage your equipment, and such damage is not covered by warranty.

Consider aftermarket replacements if and only if your Mac is too old for Apple to service. In the US, OWC is a reputable vendor.

Oct 4, 2020 10:33 PM in response to mukeshpatell

Generally the battery isn't user replaceable unless you really know what you are doing. That being said, you really shouldn't use batteries other than from Apple as you won't get the performance you are looking for and you could get some safety issues. You should take the computer to an Apple Store to a Genius Bar and have them look at the computer and they can tell you what it would cost to get the battery replaced

I want to change battery of my Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.