Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer files from my old phone to iCloud instead of my iPhone's device storage?

Hello! I am planning to transfer my old Android phone's files to my iPhone.

Is it possible to transfer my files to iCloud instead of my iPhone's device storage? My iPhone's storage is very small at 16GB and is even getting full quickly with just a few apps installed.

Thank you!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 12:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 11:25 AM

keithsquin wrote:

Is it possible to transfer my files to iCloud instead of my iPhone's device storage? My iPhone's storage is very small at 16GB and is even getting full quickly with just a few apps installed.

Not possible to only transfer to iCloud as that's not how iCloud works or was designed. iCloud stores your data in the cloud whilst also storing a smaller footprint of that data on your device as well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 11:25 AM in response to keithsquin

keithsquin wrote:

Not possible to only transfer to iCloud as that's not how iCloud works or was designed. iCloud stores your data in the cloud whilst also storing a smaller footprint of that data on your device as well.

Can I transfer files from my old phone to iCloud instead of my iPhone's device storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.