Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove photos from iPad but not iCloud

I recently bought an Ipad, and when i turned it on and configured it, i noticed that all of my photos on my iphone are now on the ipad as well, first of all i want them to disappear from the Ipad, but when i delete one of them it says that it'll be deleted from iCloud also, so i don't know how to do that. But most importantly, I noticed that photos app occupies 6 gb of iPad storage, even if all of the photos should be on iCloud. How do I resolve this problem?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 7:57 AM

Hi. I did as advised above and a bunch of photos were taken off the iPad. Hooray! BUT there were a ton left including hundreds of videos. When I selected them to delete, I got a warning message saying that they will be deleted from all my devices and iCloud. How can I get these things off my iPad? Thanks!

2 replies

Oct 5, 2020 7:46 AM in response to Lanumoana

iCloud photo is a synchronization service, not separate or independent storage. It sync’s your photos between your devices when those devices use the same iCloud account and have iCloud photo enabled in their iCloud account settings.

Just turn off iCloud photo in the iPad’s iCloud account settings and then you can delete photos on the iPad without affecting iCloud or the iPhone.

Even when using iCloud photo, it is recommended to backup your photos to a computer for safe keeping

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

How to remove photos from iPad but not iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.