Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have over 200 movies on my mac mini but only 148 show up on my apple tv

Hello looking to get some clarification as to why this is happening. Is it due to the limit of space on the Apple TV?

Next question after that, how do i edit the movies that are displayed on the apple tv?

And if I can't, why not?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 10:02 AM

The Movie app on Apple TV should show the iTunes Store movies on the Apple ID account in use, for online streaming (not from your Mac), according to matches from your purchase history.

Movies from other sources may not be listed. Movies purchased with other accounts will not be listed.

If you are missing movies that are purchased from the iTunes Store with the same account, then please contact Apple Support (iTunes Store staff) for assistance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 10:02 AM in response to supergsx99

The Movie app on Apple TV should show the iTunes Store movies on the Apple ID account in use, for online streaming (not from your Mac), according to matches from your purchase history.

Movies from other sources may not be listed. Movies purchased with other accounts will not be listed.

If you are missing movies that are purchased from the iTunes Store with the same account, then please contact Apple Support (iTunes Store staff) for assistance.

Oct 5, 2020 8:35 AM in response to supergsx99

Is this about Home Sharing? If so, what version OS is the Mac Mini running?

Is it due to the limit of space on the Apple TV?

I don’t think so. I have seen users with higher numbers.

How do i edit the movies that are displayed on the apple tv?

Edit what? Edit the movie itself? Edit the meta data? Edit the listing?

Could it be that the missing 26% is listed elsewhere? E.g. untagged movies are categorized as Home Videos, but other videos may be tagged as Movie or TV Show. That is 3 categories to check and add up for the total.

Oct 5, 2020 8:52 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I have the latest OS on my Mac mini.

Not home sharing. On the Apple TV, the app Movie, only shows the 148. But if I go to the home sharing, and the Mac mini is on, I can access the entire library. I’m just wondering why in the Movie App only 148 are shown.

The edit I’m talking about are the movies only shown on the movie app. The 148. Am I able to remove and add other movies on there so I can view those movies.

I have over 200 movies on my mac mini but only 148 show up on my apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.