Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeps showing no SIM card every two months or so

So for the last year or so my SIM card keeps disconnecting as in my phone will randomly say no SIM card. When this first happened I just turned my phone off and on again and that seemed to fix the issue, but later that same day it would reappear. Going to look on apple website showed that taking out the sim and putting it back in fixed the issue, I then didn’t have the issue anymore and went on with my day. That is until about 2 months later it happened again. I’d go do everything I’ve done and it happens again and again. I’m on here asking if anyone might know if this is the problem of my iPhone (IPhone 7 that I’ve had since 2016) or my SIM card and I need to get a replacement.

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 8:29 AM

It’s not specifically an iPhone 7 problem. First take out the SIM card and clean the contacts. A pink eraser is the best tool to do this, but be sure to get all of the rubber dust off it. If that doesn’t fix it call your carrier to get a replacement SIM. If it’s still a problem contact Apple support using the link at the top of this page for hardware repair options, although the cost of an out of warranty repair would probably not be a good investment.

While you didn’t mention this as a symptom, see of this applies to your phone—>https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-7-no-service/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 8:29 AM in response to Captain_Doug

It’s not specifically an iPhone 7 problem. First take out the SIM card and clean the contacts. A pink eraser is the best tool to do this, but be sure to get all of the rubber dust off it. If that doesn’t fix it call your carrier to get a replacement SIM. If it’s still a problem contact Apple support using the link at the top of this page for hardware repair options, although the cost of an out of warranty repair would probably not be a good investment.

While you didn’t mention this as a symptom, see of this applies to your phone—>https://www.apple.com/support/iphone-7-no-service/

Keeps showing no SIM card every two months or so

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.