Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown error occurred while signing in to apple ID

I got an "unknown error" when signing in to apple ID after my IT guy worked on my computer?

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 10:39 AM

I called tech support and they walked me through how to reset permissions on my admin account. To do this: go to finder, right click anywhere in the finder folder, select "get info", a small screen will pop up, click anywhere in that screen, click "go" in the menu bar above the screen, click "home", click on your name at the bottom, click the the lock to unlock it, enter your password when prompted, click on the gear below your name and select "apply to selected items..." These steps solved my issue and I was able to login to my apple ID after following them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 10:39 AM in response to corrie119

I called tech support and they walked me through how to reset permissions on my admin account. To do this: go to finder, right click anywhere in the finder folder, select "get info", a small screen will pop up, click anywhere in that screen, click "go" in the menu bar above the screen, click "home", click on your name at the bottom, click the the lock to unlock it, enter your password when prompted, click on the gear below your name and select "apply to selected items..." These steps solved my issue and I was able to login to my apple ID after following them.

Unknown error occurred while signing in to apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.