Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maybe a scam

I keep getting calls from people saying they work for Apple saying my I cloud has been hacked

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 1:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 3:17 PM

trever209 Said:

"Maybe a scam: I keep getting calls from people saying they work for Apple saying my I cloud has been hacked [...]Ya I thought it was a scam they kept calling me all day they stoped now thank you"

-------

Where to Go from here:

A. Report these Calls:

These calls you speak of are indeed no more than a scam. So, report these to Apple and the Government (if an option):

• To Apple: Using the Phone App - take a screenshot of that phone number and send it off to Apple. Click the encircled "i" next to the number, and send a screenshot of that window to them.

1. Go Here: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

2. Forward the screenshot to: reportphishing@apple.com

3. Include a brief description of what this eMail is all about: Screenshots containing scam call info

• To the U.S.A. Government:

(In the U.S. Only): Report Phishing Scams' Info at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

B. Learn More Here:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 3:17 PM in response to trever209

trever209 Said:

"Maybe a scam: I keep getting calls from people saying they work for Apple saying my I cloud has been hacked [...]Ya I thought it was a scam they kept calling me all day they stoped now thank you"

-------

Where to Go from here:

A. Report these Calls:

These calls you speak of are indeed no more than a scam. So, report these to Apple and the Government (if an option):

• To Apple: Using the Phone App - take a screenshot of that phone number and send it off to Apple. Click the encircled "i" next to the number, and send a screenshot of that window to them.

1. Go Here: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

2. Forward the screenshot to: reportphishing@apple.com

3. Include a brief description of what this eMail is all about: Screenshots containing scam call info

• To the U.S.A. Government:

(In the U.S. Only): Report Phishing Scams' Info at www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov

B. Learn More Here:

Maybe a scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.