Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my contacts from syncing with my family member

How do I stop my contacts from syncing with my child who’s under my family member? My contact names keep changing to the same as his

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 7:04 PM

You must be sharing an Apple ID if that is happening. If you want to use Family Sharing correctly, your child will need to have their own Apple ID. That’s how Family Sharing works. Each member has their own ID and you can share purchases, a family calendar, family reminders and you can also have a shared photo album all without sharing app or private data.

Take a look at this if you would like to set up family sharing.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2020 7:04 PM in response to Smiriaam

You must be sharing an Apple ID if that is happening. If you want to use Family Sharing correctly, your child will need to have their own Apple ID. That’s how Family Sharing works. Each member has their own ID and you can share purchases, a family calendar, family reminders and you can also have a shared photo album all without sharing app or private data.

Take a look at this if you would like to set up family sharing.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

How do I stop my contacts from syncing with my family member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.