Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

search my music files, see composer

I bought a new mac, got moved from iTunes to Music. I'm a classical musician; like 10% of the many, many gigs of music in my library share the same names (e.g., Concerto no. 2). In the new Music app, when I search my library, I see a massive grid of albums or songs, like thousands of tracks. But in iTunes, I could change the view to see the songs as a list and to add columns like the composer. Those options are greyed out in the new Music; you can only add composer if you've established a playlist (including the whole library), but not if you've narrowed things down for a search. Does anyone know how to search your files, and then change your view options?

The entire thing seems to be optimized for Apple to tell me what it thinks I should listen to next, and to make it almost impossible to navigate my own library, which used to be easy. I should note that I'm trying to use my own files in the Music app, not stream from the Music subscription service.

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 5:14 AM

Looking at your library, go to the View menu and choose Show Filter Field. It raises a new search field at the upper right that behaves the normal way.

Similar questions

3 replies

search my music files, see composer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.