Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple ID

Hello,

I bought an iPad for my mom a few years ago and used my Apple ID for it. Recently, I have been trying to create a new Apple ID for it, but it does not accept it. Although, I have removed that iPad from the devices associated to my Apple ID, it is still linked to my Apple ID.

Unfortunately, the iPad is not with me now. Is there anyway to remove my Apple ID from it and use a new one?

Thanks,

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 3:12 AM

This is the recommended procedure for properly preparing an iPad for reuse by a new user - with a different AppleID:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This process securely wipes data from the iPad, fully signs-out from iCloud and other Apple services - and, crucially, removes the Activation Lock and association with an existing AppleID.

If you don’t have access to the iPad - and don’t have the means to talk-though the procedure with whoever has the device - this support page describes how to remove the Activation Lock and links to your AppleID:

Turn off Activation Lock – Apple Support

I hope this information and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving your difficulties.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 3:12 AM in response to soudeh82

This is the recommended procedure for properly preparing an iPad for reuse by a new user - with a different AppleID:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This process securely wipes data from the iPad, fully signs-out from iCloud and other Apple services - and, crucially, removes the Activation Lock and association with an existing AppleID.

If you don’t have access to the iPad - and don’t have the means to talk-though the procedure with whoever has the device - this support page describes how to remove the Activation Lock and links to your AppleID:

Turn off Activation Lock – Apple Support

I hope this information and guidance proves to be helpful in resolving your difficulties.

New Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.