Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshows in Photos 5.0

How do I move my text box on a text slide in Photos 5.0

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 8:25 AM

It is not possible to move the text boxes on the text slides. You could just try to use a different theme, where the text boxes are smaller.

Or avoid the text slides and create the text slides yourself.

For example - a photo with a smaller title:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 8:25 AM in response to casablanca24

It is not possible to move the text boxes on the text slides. You could just try to use a different theme, where the text boxes are smaller.

Or avoid the text slides and create the text slides yourself.

For example - a photo with a smaller title:

Oct 6, 2020 11:04 AM in response to casablanca24

I think, Apple is replacing the slideshows by the Memories. The Memories are getting updates with each Photos updates, but the slideshows have remained the same since the very first version of Photos in 2015. And in Photos 5 on Catalina we cannot even play videos any more in a slideshow, if we are using a more elaborate theme.

I am using the screensaver to play my slideshows. The third-party ArtSaver can automatically show the titles, filenames, etc. as an annotation for the selected photos, so I do not have to add them manually to title slides: http://www.cs.uni-bremen.de/~zach/software/ArtSaver/index.html

Slideshows in Photos 5.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.