Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone XR won’t let me open any apps. My power button isn’t working so I can’t restart.

Is there any way to restart my phone without the power button and volume button? Why can’t I access any apps?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 8:44 AM

Hello silverine11,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to open apps, or restart your iPhone. We can understand why you'd reach out for a resolution.

You can shut down your phone in Settings > General > Shutdown. Having said that, if your side button is not working, we do not suggest shutting down that way, as you will not be able to restart.

Make sure your iPhone is up to date, as the updates contain stability fixes that can resolve issues like yours, as well as important security updates to keep your iPhone safe.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, try updating your apps by following this resource.

Update apps or use automatic downloads

If you are unable to do either of these due to not being able to access the App Store or the Settings app, please reach out to Apple Support

Get Support 

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2020 8:44 AM in response to silverine11

Hello silverine11,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to open apps, or restart your iPhone. We can understand why you'd reach out for a resolution.

You can shut down your phone in Settings > General > Shutdown. Having said that, if your side button is not working, we do not suggest shutting down that way, as you will not be able to restart.

Make sure your iPhone is up to date, as the updates contain stability fixes that can resolve issues like yours, as well as important security updates to keep your iPhone safe.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Also, try updating your apps by following this resource.

Update apps or use automatic downloads

If you are unable to do either of these due to not being able to access the App Store or the Settings app, please reach out to Apple Support

Get Support 

Cheers!

My iPhone XR won’t let me open any apps. My power button isn’t working so I can’t restart.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.