Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

password change

I received an email from Apple stating my password had been changed by an email address I do not use said they reset my password using that email address. my password still works and I do not use that email address. Why would I get that email?

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 4:45 PM

Hello,

This could be a scam, I would strongly recommend following the steps in this guide to ensure the security of your Apple ID (If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support), after I would read through this guide to make sure this doesn’t happen again (Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support).

Drake

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 4:45 PM in response to Psivsge

Hello,

This could be a scam, I would strongly recommend following the steps in this guide to ensure the security of your Apple ID (If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support), after I would read through this guide to make sure this doesn’t happen again (Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support).

Drake

password change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.