Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update to ios 13 or 14

I have an iphone 6s plus. It will not update to 13 or 14. Apple support agent says phone is compatible. I have also tried the forced update thru itunes..

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 4:36 PM

11 replies

Oct 6, 2020 4:41 PM in response to fdxorf

The Apple support agent you were speaking to should be reprimanded for not knowing a 6s plus is supported. They have this information right in front of them. I have iOS 14 on my 6s right now.

With 14 released, you cannot get 13 anymore. Some things that may be preventing you from upgrading:

1. The phone has less than 50% battery power remaining. Plug it in.
  2. You don't have enough free space to download the upgrade data.
  3. You have enough space to download the upgrade data, but not enough remaining free space to install it.

Oct 6, 2020 5:25 PM in response to fdxorf

The IMEI doesn't tell anyone anything about a phone's make or model. It's an identifier for a cellular carrier.

Assuming you followed Alex's menu steps and it said 6 and not 6s, then a 6 is what you have.

What is the model number on the back of the phone? Nothing to worry about posting that info. All that will tell anyone is what model phone you have.

Unable to update to ios 13 or 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.