Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer text messages from my iPhone to my Mac?

I just got a new Mac and would like to transfer the text messages from my phone to my Mac. is this possible?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 6:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 7:51 PM

You cannot directly transfer Messages from your iPhone to your Mac or vice versa.

What you can do is have iCloud set to ON for Messages on your iPhone. If it is already set to ON on your iPhone then all you have to do is activate Messages on your Mac and Enable Messages on iCloud. This will begin the synch process of the Messages between your iPhone and your Mac.

If you do not have iCloud set to ON for Messages on your iPhone and if you turn it ON now for your iPhone and your Mac then the messages from that point onward will be synched between the two devices.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 7:51 PM in response to Smithsmiths

You cannot directly transfer Messages from your iPhone to your Mac or vice versa.

What you can do is have iCloud set to ON for Messages on your iPhone. If it is already set to ON on your iPhone then all you have to do is activate Messages on your Mac and Enable Messages on iCloud. This will begin the synch process of the Messages between your iPhone and your Mac.

If you do not have iCloud set to ON for Messages on your iPhone and if you turn it ON now for your iPhone and your Mac then the messages from that point onward will be synched between the two devices.

Axel F.

Can I transfer text messages from my iPhone to my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.