Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 10s and if I am away from my wifi, I cannot get any apps to work.

Weather station, home security, TV, garage door-you name it. They will not work. Trying to watch a video from my security system, it will just buffer and buffer and buffer. When I am on cellular data I cannot use my apps. My phone works, my texts work, but apps do not. Once I am reconnected to wifi, all apps work ok.

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 1:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 1:45 PM

Have you called your carrier to see whether they are having any Data (LTE, 4G etc) issues in the area?

You can also try the following-

1. Turn ON AirPlane Mode and then Turn OFF AirPlane Mode - See if that resolves the issue. If not then-
  2. Reset Network Settings - Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings : Once the network settings are reset then you may have to enter the WiFi Network passwords again.

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2020 1:45 PM in response to Kc10fe

Have you called your carrier to see whether they are having any Data (LTE, 4G etc) issues in the area?

You can also try the following-

1. Turn ON AirPlane Mode and then Turn OFF AirPlane Mode - See if that resolves the issue. If not then-
  2. Reset Network Settings - Open Settings ➔ General ➔ Reset ➔ Reset Network Settings : Once the network settings are reset then you may have to enter the WiFi Network passwords again.

Axel F.

I have an iPhone 10s and if I am away from my wifi, I cannot get any apps to work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.