Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgot passcode iphone disabled cannot download restore software

I forgot my passcode and when I connect to itunes to restore phone it says that the software could not be downloaded because the network connection was reset. Please help, thanks

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 6:47 PM

Hello gaiagirl!

We see you are having some trouble with a disabled iPhone that you cannot restore. Let's work together to get that issue resolved. The error you saw generally relates to iTunes connection to the internet being interrupted. Try restarting that computer and testing the restore once more. Also make sure iTunes is fully updated: Update to the latest version of iTunes. Lastly make sure the internet connection on your computer is stable and working by loading other content in another application and seeing if any issues occur.

We hope that helps. Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2020 6:47 PM in response to gaiagirl

Hello gaiagirl!

We see you are having some trouble with a disabled iPhone that you cannot restore. Let's work together to get that issue resolved. The error you saw generally relates to iTunes connection to the internet being interrupted. Try restarting that computer and testing the restore once more. Also make sure iTunes is fully updated: Update to the latest version of iTunes. Lastly make sure the internet connection on your computer is stable and working by loading other content in another application and seeing if any issues occur.

We hope that helps. Take care!

forgot passcode iphone disabled cannot download restore software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.