Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t have an Apple Watch that iPhone wants to pair

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 8:01 AM

The bluetooth settings screen will always say that. Its not trying to pair to an Apple watch. Its just an informative piece of text in case you were trying to pair an Apple watch there as that is not the place to do it.

Also, the Bluetooth settings screen will yes, always start searching for devices to pair to since that is what the screen is meant for. If you are in that screen, then its assumed you want to pair something, and it automatically starts to look for something under "Other devices".

There is absolutely nothing wrong with either of these things. Its working as designed.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2020 8:01 AM in response to Victorico72

The bluetooth settings screen will always say that. Its not trying to pair to an Apple watch. Its just an informative piece of text in case you were trying to pair an Apple watch there as that is not the place to do it.

Also, the Bluetooth settings screen will yes, always start searching for devices to pair to since that is what the screen is meant for. If you are in that screen, then its assumed you want to pair something, and it automatically starts to look for something under "Other devices".

There is absolutely nothing wrong with either of these things. Its working as designed.

Oct 12, 2020 4:53 AM in response to Victorico72

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power off slider appears.

1. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
  2. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.