Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id

When I go on the App Store it is using my old Apple ID so I am unable to make purchases

can anyone help

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 8:34 AM

Hello, Mucker7584.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help troubleshoot what you're experiencing with your Apple ID in the App Store.

It sounds like you may have recently changed your Apple ID email address. If that's the case, follow these steps: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

If you created an entirely new Apple ID, the apps that were downloaded on your device with the old Apple ID will no longer be able to update. You can delete those apps, then download them with your new Apple ID.

Let us know which scenario fits best, we're happy to provide more detailed instructions.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 8:34 AM in response to Mucker7584

Hello, Mucker7584.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help troubleshoot what you're experiencing with your Apple ID in the App Store.

It sounds like you may have recently changed your Apple ID email address. If that's the case, follow these steps: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

If you created an entirely new Apple ID, the apps that were downloaded on your device with the old Apple ID will no longer be able to update. You can delete those apps, then download them with your new Apple ID.

Let us know which scenario fits best, we're happy to provide more detailed instructions.

Take care.

Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.