Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service Recommended Message

I have a 2017 MacBook Air, a couple of weeks ago after the latest OS and Catalina updates I started getting a service recommended message. I checked the cycle count and it's at 400. I tried doing the SMC reset but I'm not sure it has worked. What are my other options? Thanks.

MacBook

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 3:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 11:21 AM

Check the condition of your Mac computer's battery - Apple Support

• Service Recommended: The battery's ability to hold charge is less than when it was new or it isn't functioning normally. You can safely continue to use your Mac but you should take it to an Apple Store or Apple-authorized service provider to get your battery evaluated.

Get it fixed: Mac Service and Repair - Official Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 11:21 AM in response to mdp14

Check the condition of your Mac computer's battery - Apple Support

• Service Recommended: The battery's ability to hold charge is less than when it was new or it isn't functioning normally. You can safely continue to use your Mac but you should take it to an Apple Store or Apple-authorized service provider to get your battery evaluated.

Get it fixed: Mac Service and Repair - Official Apple Support

Oct 8, 2020 4:21 AM in response to mdp14

is this for your battery?

both my MacBook Airs state i need "service battery"

ignore that statement, mine are performing fine,

this is a new feature  staring using recently to boost up sales.

hopefully the next upgrade this will be eliminated or true were ones bad REALLY battery needs servicing.

just check the battery area and make sure there is no sigs of swelling or anything else periodically.

Service Recommended Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.