Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got a new phone

My old I phone 8 broke, how do I merge that device to my new phone?

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 9:27 AM

See the following: Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Note that if your old phone will not turn on you will not be able to use the Quick Start method and that the other two methods require a backup that was made when the old phone was still operating. Even if you don't have a backup, data that was synced to iCloud via the options at Settings > [username] > iCloud > (e.g., iCloud Photos, Contacts, Notes, etc) will sync to the new phone when you turn those options on in the new phone using the same Apple ID for iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 9:27 AM in response to zarieana

See the following: Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Note that if your old phone will not turn on you will not be able to use the Quick Start method and that the other two methods require a backup that was made when the old phone was still operating. Even if you don't have a backup, data that was synced to iCloud via the options at Settings > [username] > iCloud > (e.g., iCloud Photos, Contacts, Notes, etc) will sync to the new phone when you turn those options on in the new phone using the same Apple ID for iCloud.

Got a new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.